Hey TCS Ignite people, we are here with our special series of articles based on Chennai TCS Ignite (Thoraipakkam). We will be posting on TCS Ignite and experiences we had there during our ILP and will help you in making your experience better there. Weekends are the best part of corporate life, when you have two days time to enjoy, to have rest, to complete your incomplete tasks and other things. Mind during this period remains relaxed and calm. When you are on ILP, you always look for something interesting that can make your weekend awesome and you can made memories while living in Chennai. In the next section, we have mentioned the How to spend amazing weekend in Chennai which you can enjoy with your friends. Have a look –
Ways to spend Awesome Weekend in Chennai during ILP Training
Training duration in TCS Ignite is one of the most beautiful time span that a person ever had. Everyone knows that they are at ILP for a particular period of time after that they will be back to their places and work. So, everyone wants to enjoy this short period happily. We have number of things to tell which you can see and explore to make your weekends awesome in Chennai.
- Club Parties – If you are a party animal and loves to booze & dance then Chennai is not a bad place for you. There is a night club near by to Chennai One Thoraipakkam where party is organised every Saturday night. Alien Spot is the event management company who organizes party every week. Environment of club is great, quality of crowd is also nice. Moreover, couple entry and girl’s entry is free. Most of the times they offer free drinks to girls from 10:30 – 11:30 pm.
They also organize theme parties, but basic theme of party is Bollywood. DJ gets changed every week, usually they hire amazing DJs. You can have fun there.
- Fun at Beach – You can spend weekend evenings on beaches you have around, beaches in the evening have good atmosphere and a pleasant weather with cool seabreeze. Beaches in Chennai are good and most of them are neat and clean. Golden Beach was our favourite during our ILP days, we used to sit there and used to do gossips there then we used to go to OMR Food Street to have some delicious snacks.
- Visiting nearby sight seeings – There are lots of places you can go and visit in Chennai like Mahabaliipuram. Mahaballipuram is a nice heritage place where you can see different sculptures and architectural designs which are really amazing. There is a beach too where you will people having fun in waters.
There are other places like Iskon temple, Arignar Anna Zoological Park, Guidy National park, etc.
- Weekend Trip to Pondicherry – You can also go for an amazing outing to Pondicherry. It is one of the amazing place to visit in South India. Its a hot destination for foreigners visiting here. You can spend two nights here and enjoy with your group. Its an heaven for alcohol lovers as prices are amazingly cheap.
- Trip to Tirupati – Another place you must visit while you are in Chennai is Tirupati Balaji. Tirumala is considered as the mandatory trip if you are near by there. Its an fun experience, after reaching Tirupati, you will find two ways to reach temple. First is through road, you can take buses or cars to reach temple, another is to trek to the temple. Its a 9km long trek, you can go by trek and enjoy the path with your friends.
- Waterparks & Amusement Parks – You can also have fun in city by visiting waterparks and amusement parks, there 2-3 waterparks in Chennai. Tickets are available at normal prices, you can go in groups and spend your weekend in Chennai.
There are lot more ways to spend your weekend there, these were the basic ones which people generally like, you can go and enjoy as per your convenience. You guys can share your opinion on How to spend Weekend in Chennai in comment section. Hope you liked the article, more articles are on the way.